Teaching business owners how to boost their back-office/bookkeeping
I help potential, new, and established business owners plan, organize, understand, and, when needed, revamp their back-office (bookkeeping) processes and procedures.
You need me if you are:
- in the planning phases of your new business,
- starting out in your new business,
- growing your business and noticing the need for help,
- already established — and too busy for back-office details!
I’ve been successfully supporting businesses of all sizes, in all phases, and in varying degrees of clean up, fix, set up, and growth with an amazing bookkeeping system that fits.
If you want some DIY bookkeeping help, sign up for a FREE 30-minute, no-obligation consultation via phone or Zoom.
Still, wondering whether we’re a good fit? Here are some industries I’ve served:
- Construction: general contractors to subcontractors, including electrical, plumbing, roofing, painting, wood flooring, and custom cabinetry
- Service-based businesses: spas and salons, dog boarding and grooming, kennels, doggy daycare, and pest control
- Car and equipment rentals
- Property management, hotels, motels, condominium rentals, homeowner’s associations, privately rented personal residences, and vacation properties
- Retail-based businesses, online and brick and mortar
- and many more!!
You’ll find my experience includes a full range of bookkeeping and accounting areas, such as:
- Payroll Issues: Union and Non-Union Employees, Zero to 200 employees, Federal, State, and Local payroll taxes, Prevailing Wage issues
- Sales and Use Tax issues
- Checking and Credit card accounts, detailed reconciliations, and in-depth problem/balancing determinations.
- Invoicing, Cash Sales, Accounts Receivable
- General Ledger
- Fixed Asset Management
- Sales and Use Tax: Determining your liability in and out of your “home” state
- Accounts Payable, paying bills, recording payments
- Inventory setup and management
“Together, we’ll set you free from the snares in your back-office system, so you know your business will prosper and thrive!”CAndie conat
Originally, I had no intention of becoming an accountant!
A family member purchased a business when I was a junior in high school. He wanted me to work for him full-time during summers and part-time during the school year. I thought, “Sure, I’ll try this and see what happens.” A few years in, the bookkeeper announced she was leaving the company and moving to another state… There it was: within a few months, I was the bookkeeper.
Jump to 1995. After some major life changes, including the loss of my mother to cancer at the age of 58, I started to look at life differently. I had always told myself that “someday” I would own my own business. I had no clue what that business would be, but it was going to happen. I appreciated the opportunities the family business had provided to me, the many opportunities, and the best education I could have hoped for – learning from direct hands-on experiences, from the best and smartest people around – but it was time for moving on and mixing things up.
So, In January of 1995, Blue Skies Bookkeeping was born. Gradually, I started to connect with more and more businesses that needed help. Lots of help! Untangling the many messes that had come from not having a proper understanding of the how and the why, having proper procedures in place, not having a full grasp of the numbers of their businesses. These were the challenges I loved the most.
I found true joy in helping business owners to understand their bookkeeping – how it works, the what and why and how to understand and use the numbers to grow and prosper. The big picture. Setting everything up and providing ongoing support as needed.
Finally, I realized that working directly with small business owners, learning about them and the industries they do business in, learning about what is important to them, their families, helping them to craft a game plan for the day to day and the future of the business. In the end, watching these clients learn and grow, get a grasp on the numbers, and be excited about their success.
This leads me to my next stage of business and My Back-Office Coach was born.
I am so excited and grateful to be back to assisting business owners in creating a thriving business and all the while, doing exactly what I love to do.candie conat